بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Tafsir of most commonly recited Surahs
This course aims at providing detailed commentary and analysis of surah al-Fātiḥah and the last ten sūrahs of the Qurān. These sūrahs have been selected for focus as they are the most often recited during the performance of the five times daily ṣalāh.
There are also many other distinguishing features of these sūrahs.
Consider for example the following statement of the Messenger of Allāh [peace be upon him] regarding surah al-Fātiḥah: “By Him in whose hand is my soul there is a surah the equal of which has not been revealed in the Torah, the Gospel, the Zabur and the Quran. Verily it is the seven oft-recited verses (i.e. surah al-Fātiḥah)…” Tirmidhi: 2875
- The motivation for this course lies in the obtainment of khushū` [mindfulness and humility] during the performance of ṣalāhs. Allāhs warns against lack of mindfulness in a number of Qurānic verses such as: فَوَيۡلٞ لِّلۡمُصَلِّينَ ٤ ٱلَّذِينَ هُمۡ عَن صَلَاتِهِمۡ سَاهُونَ ٥“Woe unto those who perform ṣalāh yet who are unmindful of it while doing so…” al-Mā`ūn: 4-5 Furthermore He informs us that: وَٱسۡتَعِينُواْ بِٱلصَّبۡرِ وَٱلصَّلَوٰةِۚ وَإِنَّهَا لَكَبِيرَةٌ إِلَّا عَلَى ٱلۡخَٰشِعِينَ ٤٥ “Seek assistance in ṣalāh and in patience. And verily it (i.e. ṣalāh) is a difficulty except on the humble and mindful…” al-Baqarah: 45As such scholars are unanimous in their prescription of mindfulness during ṣalāh and mention that reflection on the meanings of verses recited is one of the best means to its obtainment.
Attend this course if:
- You suffer inattentiveness during ṣalāh.
- You wish to be fully conversant with the sūrahs you most commonly recite during ṣalāh.
- You want to initiate an in-depth study of the Holy Qurān; your constitution as a Muslim.
- You want to know your Creator via His own words.
All classes will involve discussions regarding: historical background names, virtues, themes and life lessons extracted from the chapters:
Every surah will be treated fully via word for word translation and comprehensive tafsīr. The instructor will also focus on relevant moral lessons derived from the sūrahs and its impact on our understanding and practice. In sha Allah
We are determined to provide our students with instructors who take professionalism, effectiveness and expertise to the max. Along with tremendous knowledge, our instructors are also engaging and exciting, so that our courses will provide you with some of the most interesting days you’ve ever spent learning Islam. In sha Allah
Moulana Muaadth Allie
Graduate of Darul Ulum Newcastle (KZN). Director of Sakinah Foundation and Imam and Teacher at Darun Naim, Wynberg. 20 Years teaching experience
Dates & Times:
- Every Wednesday for 4 weeks
- 3rd May to 24th May 2017
- 10am – 12pm Doors open 9.30am
The Knowledge Zone / The Deen Store – 541 Lansdowne Rd. Lansdowne (See map here)
- Secure patrolled parking, air conditioning, high quality surround sound
R220 per person
- Student pack containing: book, pen and folder
- All notes or course booklet
- Certificate of attendance on successful completion of the course
Registration and more information:
- Payment secures your seat. Limited seating.
- Walk in registration at The Deen Store, 541 Lansdowne Road, Lansdowne (See map here)
- Telephonic bookings: 021 762 6745
- Whats-App: 0786104700
Bank Name: Standard Bank
Account Name: Cape Town Muslim Events
Branch Name: Kromboom
Branch Code: 026209
Account Number: 300794711
Account Type: Cheque Account
Cash or Card payments can be made at The Deen Store – 541 Lansdowne Road, Lansdowne. (See map here)