بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Awakening Your Salaah Workshop
How to taste the true beauty of Salaah
The prayer of the believer is the single most important form of worship and means of connection with one’s Lord. It is the medium through which the believer literally speaks to Allah SWT and the fountain from which one drinks on a daily basis to reinvigorate the soul and re-establish one’s purpose in life.
Having completed Salah we should leave feeling spiritually nourished and less burdened with the guilt of sins. We should leave feeling hopeful of forgiveness and content at having had a direct conversation with our Lord.
But is this the case? Are we fully present in these conversations?
Salah is not a chain of random acts and phrases strung together. It is a vehicle of spiritual dialogue with our Lord. Stepping onto the prayer mat is like stepping into the court of a King – The KING of all Kings.
This short course will explore the many attributes of Salah, help bring your Salah to life and aid you on your way to total devotion and concentration in your Salah. In sha Allah
- Have you ever wondered why we pray, the way we pray?
- Why do we raise our hands to our ears and declare “Allah is great”?
- Why do we go down on our hands and knees and place our forehead on the ground and say “glory be to my lord the highest”?
The Aim of This Course
- To change your Salah completely. In fact, you will actually see significant improvement before you have finished this course.
- To fill your heart with a joy never experienced before, and to pour down upon it a peace and tranquility that will extinguish any pain you have ever suffered in this life.
- To reach the Firdous-Al-Ala (the highest Paradise), insha’Allah…
Allah tells us in Sura Al-Muminun: “Successful indeed are The Believers, Those who humble themselves in their prayers… These will be the heirs, who will inherit Al Firdous: They will dwell therein (for ever).” (23:1-11)
This course will attempt to:
- Share the secret of how to attain khushu in the prayer
- Explain both the outward and inward meanings of all the utterances in the prayer
- Explain the significance of the physical motions in the prayer
- Describe the thoughts & emotions one should experience in a living prayer
- Provide practical advice on how to develop the prayer through the above
— Course suitable for all Muslims young and the not so young —
Our Instructors are among the best. We are determined to provide our students with instructors who take professionalism, effectiveness and expertise to the max. Along with tremendous knowledge, our instructors are also engaging and exciting, so that our courses will provide you with some of the most interesting days you’ve ever spent learning Islam. In sha Allah
Mowlana Irshaad Sedick
Graduate of Dar al-‘Ulum al-‘Arabiyyah al-Islamiyyah, Teacher at Darun Niam, Wynberg, director at The Discover Islam Centre. speaker at various masaajids and events and counsell
Dates & Times:
- Every Sunday for 4 weeks
- 28th May 2017 to 18th June 2017
- 9am to 10.30am : Doors open 8.30am
The Knowledge Zone: 541 Lansdowne Rd. Lansdowne (See map here)
- Secure parking (patrolled)
- Air conditioning
- High quality surround sound
- Adults – R180 per person
- Youth (below 21 years old) – R100 person
- [Subsidy, sponsorship and block bookings on request – Contact Shamiel 0786104700 Mobile and Whats-App]
- Sponsor a student please contact Shamiel 0786104700 Mobile and Whats-App]
- Student pack containing: book, pen and folder
- All printed notes or course booklet
- Certificate on successful completion [No Exam but required to attend full course]
- Limited seats.
- Payment secures your seat.
- Walk in registration at The Deen Store, 541 Lansdowne Rd, Lansdowne (See map here)
- Telephonic bookings: 021 762 6745
Bank Name: Standard Bank
Account Name: Cape Town Muslim Events
Branch Name: Kromboom
Branch Code: 026209
Account Number: 300794711
Account Type: Cheque Account
Cash or Card payments can be made at The Deen Store – 541 Lansdowne Road, Lansdowne. (See map here)
O Allah, I ask Thee for BENEFICIAL KNOWLEDGE, acceptable action, and good provision.” (Al-Tirmidhi).
Cape Town Muslim Events has been running courses and workshops in collaboration with various scholars since 2010s. Alhumdulilah these programmes allow the community to benefit from a wealth of knowledge and at the same time support the scholars and the community activities of Cape Town Muslim Events (CTME)
CTME courses and workshops are run independent of any donations and the venture is supported by the team at CTME as well as the scholars themselves, your attendance at these very well structured, organised and cost effective programs greatly supports this dream of community empowerment. In sha Allah.
May Allah make this easy for us and help those who are championing this course. Ameen
Cape Town Muslim Events
Office: 021 762 6745
Fax: 086 551 8032
Cell: 0799 2012 79
SMS and WhatsApp: 0786 104700
Black Berry BBM: 5614e084
Facebook: ctme.co.za : Cape Town Muslim Events
LinkedIn: Cape Town Muslim Events
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
‘Community Empowerment Through Effective Web and Mobile Communication”