THE DIVINE LINK
Inner and Outer Dimensions of Salah
The Messenger of Allah [peace be upon him] said: The first of his actions for which a servant of Allah will be held accountable on the Day of Resurrection will be his prayers. If they are in order, then he will have prospered and succeeded; and if they are wanting, then he will have failed and lost. (Tirmidhi)
What is this course about?
Salaah is the second pillar of Islam [outer submission to Allah] and thus the know-how of its correct performance is essential to the Muslim. In this course, the basics of the performance of Salaah will be covered as found in the Quran, the authentic Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah [peace be upon him] and the understanding of universally acclaimed jurists [may Allah shower them with mercy] such as the four Imams.
As Salaah is the greatest gift of spiritual nearness to Allah, this course will in addition concentrate on the role of Salaah in our spiritual ascension and purification – and the necessary change in our Akhlaq [inner character] that flows from this.
Topics on the outer Dimensions include:
1- The merits and excellence of Salaa.
2- The integrals [arkan] of Salaah.
3- Recommended acts [sunan] during Salaah.
4- Recommended supplications [sunnah du`as] during and following Salah.
Topics on the inner Dimensions include:
1- The role of Salaah in attaining Ihsan
2- Preparing our hearts: Wudu and Athan
3- The heart of Salaah: Mi‘raj and Khushu‘
4- The meanings of the postures in Salaah
Who should attend?
Muslims! This course is ideally suited for those who desire a refresher course on Salaah and those seeking to gain closeness to Allah through this most noble and sublime act of worship. As such, careful attention will be given to both the legal aspects of Salaah and the spiritual aims that it is designed to achieve.
This course is for you, if…
i- You want to be sure that you are performing your Salaah correctly.
ii- Want to learn the inner dimensions of Salaah.
iii- Seek to gain closeness to Allah.
iv- Would like to know the meaning of supplications made during and after Salaah.
Moulana Muaadth Allie is the Director and founder of The Sakinah Foundation, Co-Imam at the Castle Town Road Masjid, Part time lecturer at various institutions around Cape Town, Graduate of Darul Ulum Newcastle (KZN). Resident teacher at Cape Town Muslim Events / The Knowledge Zone. Teacher and Marriage counselor since 1998
Our Instructors are among the best. We are determined to provide our students with instructors who take professionalism, effectiveness and expertise to the max. Along with tremendous knowledge, our instructors are also engaging and exciting, so that our courses will provide you with some of the most interesting days you’ve ever spent learning Islam. In sha Allah
About us: Cape Town Muslim Events partnership courses have been around officially since 2011. Over the past few years, thousands of students have studied with us. Our aim is to deliver outstanding education that enriches people’s lives underpinned by an Islamic ethos and to make traditional Islamic education accessible and relevant.
Dates & Times:
- Every Wednesday for 7 sessions
- Starting on the 30th January 2019
- Ending on the 13th March 2019
- 10am to 12pm
The Knowledge Zone / The Deen Store
541 Lansdowne Rd. Lansdowne (See map here)
- Parking (patrolled)
- Air conditioning
- High quality surround sound
- Coffee and snacks on sale
- R350.00 per person (once off)
- R180 per month (2 payments)
Kindly note that we are not funded and all fees collected are used to cover operational expenses and salaries. In sha Allah
- Student pack containing: book, pen and folder
- All printed notes or course booklet
- Certificate on successful completion [No Examination but required to attend full course]
- Limited seats and Payment secures your seat.
- The Deen Store, 541 Lansdowne Rd, Lansdowne (See map here)
Bank Name: Standard Bank
Account Name: Cape Town Muslim Events
Branch Name: Kromboom
Branch Code: 026209
Account Number: 300794711
Account Type: Cheque Account
Reference : Your Name, Surname and Course code (#DL119)
*Kindly Fax or email proof of payment to 086 551 8032 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Cash or Card payments can be made at The Deen Store – 541 Lansdowne Road, Lansdowne. (See map here)
- Telephone: 021 762 6745
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 086 551 8032
- Class Coordinator: Shamiel – WhatsApp – 0765643217
- The classes was well organised, very informative, great time and the instructor was also very entertaining.
- Moulana made the class exceptionally easy to understand and kept the class interesting with his engagement with the class. His knowledge of the topics discussed were also really vast and I appreciated the fact that he often made examples during discussions to ease our understanding.
- The instructor was knowledgable and made classes run by adding some humour.
- Mln Allie has a great abundance of knowledge. Every class was very informational. Well planned and classically funny.
- Overall result of the course was really informative and helpful and relatable. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
O Allah, I ask Thee for BENEFICIAL KNOWLEDGE, acceptable action, and good provision.” (Al-Tirmidhi).