In the name of Allah. Most Gracious. Most Merciful
The Prophet Muhammad said: “Whoever follows a path in the pursuit of knowledge, Allah will make a path to Paradise easy for him.” (Al-Bukhari)
The Sakinah Foundation & Cape Town Muslim Events
THE DIVINE LINK
Inner and Outer Dimensions of Salah
The Messenger of Allah [peace be upon him] said: The first of his actions for which a servant of Allah will be held accountable on the Day of Resurrection will be his prayers. If they are in order, then he will have prospered and succeeded; and if they are wanting, then he will have failed and lost. (Tirmidhi)
What is this course about?
Salaah is the second pillar of Islam [outer submission to Allah] and thus the know-how of its correct performance is essential to the Muslim. In this course, the basics of the performance of ?alaah will be covered as found in the Quran, the authentic Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah [peace be upon him] and the understanding of universally acclaimed jurists [may Allah shower them with mercy] such as the four Imams.
As Salaah is the greatest gift of spiritual nearness to Allah, this course will in addition concentrate on the role of Salaah in our spiritual ascension and purification – and the necessary change in our Akhlaq [inner character] that flows from this.
Topics on the outer fiqh include:
1- The merits and excellence of Salaa.
2- The integrals [arkan] of Salaah.
3- Recommended acts [sunan] during Salaah.
4- Recommended supplications [sunnah du`as] during and following Salah.
Topics on the inner fiqh include:
1- The role of Salaah in attaining Ihsan
2- Preparing our hearts: Wudu and Athan
3- The heart of Salaah: Mi‘raj and Khushu‘
4- The meanings of the postures in Salaah
Course attendants will, in addition to notes and other accompanying items, also receive an audio CD which will include the following:
a) Surah al-Fathihah by various Qurra’ and a translation.
b) The last ten suwar of the Quran with their translations.
c) The du`as taught in class with their translations.
Who should attend?
Muslims! This course is ideally suited for those who desire a refresher course on Salaah and those seeking to gain closeness to Allah through this most noble and sublime act of worship. As such, careful attention will be given to both the legal aspects of Salaah and the spiritual aims that it is designed to achieve.
This course is for you, if…
i- You want to be sure that you are performing your Salaah correctly.
ii- Want to learn the inner dimensions of Salaah.
iii- Seek to gain closeness to Allah.
iv- Would like to know the meaning of supplications made during and after Salaah.
Moulana Muaadth Allie is the Director and founder of The Sakinah Foundation, Co-Imam at the Castle Town Road Masjid, Part time lecturer at Darun Na’im Wynberg, Graduate of Darul Ulum Newcastle (KZN). Marriage counsellor, Cape Town Muslim Events resident lecturer, Jumuah lecturer all around Western Cape & Free-lance Islamic / Spiritual advisor & lecturer.
Our Instructors are among the best. We are determined to provide our students with instructors who take professionalism, effectiveness and expertise to the max. Along with tremendous knowledge, our instructors are also engaging and exciting, so that our courses will provide you with some of the most interesting days you’ve ever spent learning Islam. In sha Allah
About us: Cape Town Muslim Events partnership courses have been around officially since 2011. Over the past few years, thousands of students have studied with us. Our aim is to deliver outstanding mainstream education that enriches people’s lives underpinned by an Islamic ethos and to make traditional Islamic education accessible and relevant. In sha Allah
Dates & Times:
- Every Wednesday for 6 sessions
- Starting on the 31st January 2018 and ending on the 7th March 2018
- 10am to 12pm
The Knowledge Zone / The Deen Store
541 Lansdowne Rd. Lansdowne (See map here)
- Secure parking (patrolled)
- Air conditioning
- High quality surround sound
- Coffee and snacks on sale (arrive early for a coffee or have one in the break)
- Bring along or donate a pillow for extra comfort
- R300.00 per person (once off)
- R160 per month (2 payments)
- Student pack containing: book, pen and folder
- All printed notes or course booklet
- Certificate on successful completion [No Examination but required to attend full course]
- Limited seats and Payment secures your seat.
- Walk in registration: The Deen Store, 541 Lansdowne Rd, Lansdowne (See map here)
- Telephonic bookings: 021 762 6745 or 021 696 1714
- Whats-App: 0786104700
EFT and Cellphone banking only , no cash deposits allowed !
Bank Name: Standard Bank
Account Name: Cape Town Muslim Events
Branch Name: Kromboom
Branch Code: 026209
Account Number: 300794711
Account Type: Cheque Account
Reference : Your Name, Surname and Course code (#DL118)
Cash or Card payments can be made at The Deen Store – 541 Lansdowne Road, Lansdowne. (See map here)
Telephone: 0021 762 6745 or 021 6961714
Whats-app: 078 610 4700
Fax: 086 551 8032
Testimonials and audio clips
- The classes was well organised, very informative, great time and the instructor was also very entertaining.
- Moulana made the class exceptionally easy to understand and kept the class interesting with his engagement with the class. His knowledge of the topics discussed were also really vast and I appreciated the fact that he often made examples during discussions to ease our understanding.
- The instructor was knowledgable and made classes run by adding some humour.
- Mln Allie has a great abundance of knowledge. Every class was very informational. Well planned and classically funny.
- Overall result of the course was really informative and helpful and relatable. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
O Allah, I ask Thee for BENEFICIAL KNOWLEDGE, acceptable action, and good provision.” (Al-Tirmidhi).