In the name of Allah. Most Gracious. Most Merciful
The Prophet Muhammad said: “Whoever follows a path in the pursuit of knowledge, Allah will make a path to Paradise easy for him.” (Al-Bukhari)
BASIC QURAN LITERACY WORKSHOP
Tajweed is the art of reciting the Qur’an correctly and beautifully; it is essential for every person who recites the Qur’an even if just in Salah. Our recitation in Salah is directly addressed to Allah (SWT) and it is a pity that so many people make severe mistakes in it because of a lack of implementation of Tajweed rules.
Introducing the basic rules of Tajweed, and elementary training under the teacher. This course will ensure that students recite their short surahs correctly and get them started on applying the rules of Tajweed as they read the Qur’anic text.
This course moves on from our primer course ( QURAN READING FOR BEGINNERS) – where students learn how to read and write Arabic. Based on our experience, students after learning the basics of reading and writing Arabic, find it difficult to read full vereses fluently and proficiently (even before the rules of Tajweed is introduced).
Thus, this courses tackles this issue of fluent reading, and will work on the fluency of the students, preparing them to be introduced to more technical rules in the latter modules.
Following are the objectives of the courses:
1) To be able to read verses of the Qur`an with good pronunciation and a good level of fluency. This entails implementing the follwing: accuracy of vowels (i.e. stretch and no stretch), shaddah, and fluent reading. Our surahs for this course will be surahs tariq, a’laa, ghashiya and fajr. In sha Allah
2) To learn the basic rules from a practical aspect only, and how to recognise certain repetitive trends in the text which allude to the application of tajweed. In preparation for the tajweed theory in the next course.
Moulana Hafith Qaari Saalim Peck. Hifth done under the late Sheikh Yusuf Booley. Matriculation at Islamia College. Studied abroad in Egypt and Syria (focusing on Quran and Arabic language studies). Teacher at Dar al – Ulum Al – Arabiyyah Al- Islamyyah (Strand) .
Testimonials from students:
- Very excellent, enjoyed the inspiring and motivating words. Masha Allah
- The Instructor made me feel at ease and reminds us always of our intention.
- Course presenter is very good. Alhumdulilah.
- Moulana has inspired me to read more of the Quraan. Alhumdulilah
Our Instructors are among the best. We are determined to provide our students with instructors who take professionalism, effectiveness and expertise to the max. Along with tremendous knowledge, our instructors are also engaging and exciting, so that our courses will provide you with some of the most interesting days you’ve ever spent learning Islam. In sha Allah
About us: Cape Town Muslim Events partnership courses have been around officially since 2011. Over the past few years, thousands of students have studied with us. Our aim is to deliver outstanding education that enriches people’s lives underpinned by an Islamic ethos and to make traditional Islamic education accessible and relevant. CTME does not collect Zakah or any funding from the community and is solely reliant on fees collected from the classes to cover its operational costs and to cover its free community services.
Dates & Times:
- Saturdays for 11 weeks
- Starting 7th July 2018
- Ending 22nd September 2018
- 8.45am to 10.45am : Doors open 8.30am
The Knowledge Zone / The Deen Store 541 Lansdowne Rd. Lansdowne (See map here)
- Secure parking (patrolled)
- Air conditioning
- High quality surround sound
- Monthly: Total course fee R200.00 per month x 3
- Once off: Total course fee R550.00 per person [R50 discount]
- Access to all 11 sessions
- Student pack containing: book, pen and folder
- All printed notes or course booklet
- Certificate on successful completion
- Limited to 50 seats and Payment secures your seat. book online or choose any other method below.
- Walk in registration: The Deen Store, 541 Lansdowne Rd, Lansdowne (See map here)
- Telephonic bookings: 021 762 6745
- Email booking: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book via Whats App: 0765463217 / +27 765463217
EFT and Cellphone banking only , no cash deposits allowed !
Bank Name: Standard Bank
Account Name: Cape Town Muslim Events
Branch Name: Kromboom
Branch Code: 026209
Account Number: 300794711
Account Type: Cheque Account
Reference : Your Name, Surname and Course code (#BQL38)
Cash or Card payments can be made at The Deen Store – 541 Lansdowne Road, Lansdowne. (See map here)
- Address: 541 Lansdowne Rd. Lansdowne
- P.O. Box 2241, Clareinch 7740
- Telephone: 021 762 6745
- Fax: 086 551 8032
- Email: email@example.com : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.ctme.co.za
O Allah, I ask Thee for BENEFICIAL KNOWLEDGE, acceptable action, and good provision.” (Al-Tirmidhi).