Knowing Your Lord Through
His Most Beautiful Names – Asma al Husna
“He is Allah, the Creator, the Originator, The Fashioner, to Him belong the most beautiful names: whatever is in the heavens and on earth, do declare His praises and glory. And He is the Exalted in Might, The Wise.” [al-Ḥashr: 24]
“Allah has ninety nine names: one hundred less one. Whoever learns them will enter Paradise.” [Bukhārī and Muslim]
“And to Allah belongs the most beautiful names, so invoke Him by them…” [al-A`rāf: 180]
Authentic knowledge of Allāh – our Master and Creator – lies at the core of the Islāmic creed and as such it is no wonder that it is the primary subject of Qurānic discourse. This because the purpose of our creation is the worship of Allāh and without knowledge of who it is that we worship it proves an exercise in futility.
The objective is to cover all the names used by Allah and His Messenger [peace be upon him] to describe Allāh in the Qurān and the Ḥadīth. We will consider the linguistic meanings of the names as well as their usage by the sources of Islāmic creed. Besides the meaning, how these names may be used to advance our spirituality will also receive coverage such as with its usage in our daily supplications. In this way we hope to draw closer to Allah by breathing life into our acts of worship and obedience via a deeper understanding of who it is that we worship and obey.
Besides drawing from the Qurān and the Ḥadīth corpus the primary reference for this course is the al-Maqṣad al-Asnā by Imām Ghazālī [may Allāh shower him with mercy]. This 11th century scholar was a theologian, jurist and Sufi of the highest order. He was a prominent and influential follower of the Shāfi`ī School of Law and the Ahl al-Sunnah wa al-Jamā`ah School of Faith. Due to the wide acclaim of his works he received the title ‘proof of Islām’ by his contemporaries amongst the scholars of Ahl al-Sunnah.
This is a unique opportunity as the names of Allāh are not usually taught in this depth and so comprehensively. The spiritual and educational benefits to this course are without limits. Some of it are:
- Your love and appreciation of Allāh will increase.
- It will prove a means of appending to your Īmān by multiplying your conviction in the existence of Allah and the correctness of His laws.
- You will shed your misconceptions regarding Allāh by having recourse to the Qurān and the authentic Sunnah throughout the length of this learning experience.
- Your acts of worship will revitalised as it will allow you to experience greater spirituality and emotional connection with Allāh during their performance.
- It will provide insight into the language used by Allāh and His Messenger [peace be upon him] to describe Allāh.
- Your character will automatically be improved as a side benefit to the impact greater knowledge of Allāh will have on your life.
- It will equip you with a valuable tool via which to beseech your Lord during your supplications unto Him.
- You will be provided with a solid foundation in Islāmic creed to which you can confidently invite during your da`wah missions and services.
The conscientious Muslim who needs to know more of Allāh will not let this golden opportunity slip through his/her fingers. Sign up today to avoid disappointment.
Moulana Muaadth Allie is the Director and founder of The Sakinah Foundation, Co-Imam at the Castle Town Road Masjid, Part time lecturer at various institutions around Cape Town, Graduate of Darul Ulum Newcastle (KZN). Resident teacher at Cape Town Muslim Events / The Knowledge Zone. Teacher and Marriage counselor since 1998
Our Instructors are among the best. We are determined to provide our students with instructors who take professionalism, effectiveness and expertise to the max. Along with tremendous knowledge, our instructors are also engaging and exciting, so that our courses will provide you with some of the most interesting days you’ve ever spent learning Islam. In sha Allah
About us: Cape Town Muslim Events partnership courses have been around officially since 2011. Over the past few years, thousands of students have studied with us. Our aim is to deliver outstanding education that enriches people’s lives underpinned by an Islamic ethos and to make traditional Islamic education accessible and relevant.
Dates & Times:
- Every Sunday for 8 Sessions
- Starting on the 27th January 2019
- Ending 17th March 2019
- 9am to 10.30am
The Knowledge Zone / The Deen Store
541 Lansdowne Rd. Lansdowne (See map here)
- Patrolled parking
- Air conditioning
- Coffee and snacks on sale
- R320.0 per person (once off)
- R170 per month (2 payments)
Kindly note that we are not funded and all fees collected are used to cover operational expenses and salaries. In sha Allah
- Student pack containing: book, pen and folder
- All printed notes or course booklet
- Certificate on successful completion
- Limited seats and Payment secures your seat.
- The Deen Store, 541 Lansdowne Rd, Lansdowne (See map here)
Bank Name: Standard Bank
Account Name: Cape Town Muslim Events
Branch Name: Kromboom
Branch Code: 026209
Account Number: 300794711
Account Type: Cheque Account
Reference : Your Name, Surname and Course code (#bea119)
*Kindly Fax or email proof of payment to 086 551 8032 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Cash or Card payments can be made at The Deen Store – 541 Lansdowne Road, Lansdowne. (See map here)
- Telephone: 021 762 6745
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 086 551 8032
- Class Coordinator: Shamiel – Whats App – 0765463217
- The classes was well organised, very informative, great time and the instructor was also very entertaining.
- Moulana made the class exceptionally easy to understand and kept the class interesting with his engagement with the class. His knowledge of the topics discussed were also really vast and I appreciated the fact that he often made examples during discussions to ease our understanding.
- The instructor was knowledgable and made classes run by adding some humour.
- Mln Allie has a great abundance of knowledge. Every class was very informational. Well planned and classically funny.
- Overall result of the course was really informative and helpful and relatable. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
O Allah, I ask Thee for BENEFICIAL KNOWLEDGE, acceptable action, and good provision.” (Al-Tirmidhi).