Janaazah and Inheritance Workshop
“Every soul shall taste death and then to Us will be your return.” [`Ankabūt: 57]
Journey through the stages of death and immersion into the afterlife, and open your eyes to a new understanding of dealing with the grief of death. We will delve into the fiqh (jurisprudence) rulings surrounding the janazah (funeral prayer), burial rites, wills, inheritance, and more… In sha Allah
How do I handle a family member falling ill?
What do I do in their final moments in this world?
How do I wash and shroud the dead?
How can I benefit my dear mother after her death?
What are the procedures of burial?
- Learn the essentials related to the management of a Muslim funeral.
- Learn what to do when you or a beloved is at death’s door.
- Discover the Sunnah in consoling the relatives of the deceased and related matters.
- Acquire PRACTICAL knowledge of how to wash and shroud the deceased while preserving their human dignity.
- Study the Sunnah method of performing the Salah al Janazah and respectful escorting of the deceased to the grave.
The Prophet (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said, “It affects the rich and poor, white and black, evil and good, even the best of mankind… [Bukhari]
Don’t you think it is time to learn about the journey and happenings that we all have to go through?
This workshop will also focuses on the basic concepts of the Islamic Inheritance Law, principal elements of asset distribution and the key features of an Islamic will. The technical aspects of writing a will, maintaining proper documentation, and executing the last will and testament of an individual will be covered. The significance and wisdom underpinning the Islamic distribution of inheritance will be discussed together with several relevant case studies
- Sickness and the final moments
- Death and Beyond [al-Mawt wa Maa Warā’ahu]
- After Death Procedures and Consolation of Next of Kin
- Practical & theory:
1. Washing of the Deceased [Ghasl al-Mayyit] 2. Shrouding and Application of Camphor
- The Escorting of the Deceased
- Salah al-Janazah [The Funeral Prayer]
- Burial of the Deceased
- Visiting the graveyard
- Benefiting the dead
Moulana Muaadth made the class exceptionally easy to understand and kept the class interesting with his engagement with the class.His knowledge of the topics discussed were also really vast and I appreciated the fact that he often made examples during discussions to ease our understanding.
Mowlana Muaadth Allie
Graduate of Darul Ulum Newcastle (KZN). Director of Sakinah Foundation and Imam and Teacher at Darun Naim, Wynberg. 20 Years teaching experience
Dates & Times:
- Every Tuesday for 8 weeks
- 1st August 2017 to 19th September 2017
- 7.30pm – 9pm
The Knowledge Zone: 541 Lansdowne Rd. Lansdowne (See map here)
- Secure parking (patrolled)
- Air conditioning
- High quality surround sound
- R400 per person (once off)
- R220 per month (2 payments)
- Student pack containing: book, pen and folder
- All printed notes or course booklet
- Certificate on successful completion [No Exam but required to attend full course]
- Limited seats.
- Payment secures your seat.
- Walk in registration at The Deen Store, 541 Lansdowne Rd, Lansdowne (See map here)
- Telephonic bookings: 021 762 6745
Bank Name: Standard Bank
Account Name: Cape Town Muslim Events
Branch Name: Kromboom
Branch Code: 026209
Account Number: 300794711
Account Type: Cheque Account
Reference : Your Name, Surname and Course code (J317)
Cash or Card payments can be made at The Deen Store – 541 Lansdowne Road, Lansdowne. (See map here)
Telephone: 021 762 6745
Cell/Whats-app: 078 610 4700
Fax: 086 551 8032
O Allah, I ask Thee for BENEFICIAL KNOWLEDGE, acceptable action, and good provision.” (Al-Tirmidhi).