In the name of Allah. Most Gracious. Most Merciful
The Prophet Muhammad said: “Whoever follows a path in the pursuit of knowledge, Allah will make a path to Paradise easy for him.” (Al-Bukhari)
Islam for Beginners
Basic Introductory Course for Youth, Adults, New Muslims and Non-Muslims
Specially designed for the beginner and aims to clarify the essentials of Islām in a clear and simplified manner. Classes are intended to be practical and interactive. Students are free to ask any question which will then be included into the final learning experience.
The entire course is divided into three essential components:
- Iman or inward submission to Allah This component will deal with the essentials of Islamic belief or orthodoxy in Islam.
- Islam or external submission to Allah This component encompasses the legal system of Islam or orthopraxis in Islam.
- Ihsan or excellence in worship and behaviour. This component clarifies the Islamic path to personal improvement and the attainment of spiritual enlightenment.
The course will cover such topics as:
- A basic introduction to the way of being that is Islam
- Muslim Customs
- Who is Allah? What is He like? What can He do and what does He do?
- What are prophets and messengers? What function did they serve? Did they possess any distinguishing features? Tell us about some of the prophets and messengers.
- What is revelation? What has Allah revealed to man over the ages? What differentiates the Quran from all other revelations?
- What are angels? What purpose do they serve? Name some of the angels and their functions.
- What is The Final Day and what are its occurrences? Also what are the signs of The Hour?
- What is the nature of predestination and why do Muslims believe in it? What then is the function of human choice in a predetermined world?
- How to perform salah as done by the Messenger of Allah [peace be upon him].
- Basic overview of the Islamic sciences of Janazah [washing, shrouding and burial of the deceased], Ṣawm [fasting], Zakah [compulsory alms] and Ḥajj and Umrah [pilgrimage].
- The basics of the Islamic science of Tazkiyah al-Nafs or self-reformation.
Please note: as this is a basic course it is unsuitable for those seeking in-depth discussions and exhaustive treatment of the intricacies of Islam. Please apply for our other related courses on offer at www.ctme.co.za
Moulana Muaadth Allie is the Director and founder of The Sakinah Foundation, Co-Imam at the Castle Town Road Masjid, Part time lecturer at Darun Na’im Wynberg, Graduate of Darul Ulum Newcastle (KZN). Marriage counsellor, Cape Town Muslim Events and The Knowledge Zone resident lecturer, Jumuah lecturer all around Western Cape & Free-lance Islamic / Spiritual advisor & lecturer. Teaching for over 20 years.
Our Instructors are among the best. We are determined to provide our students with instructors who take professionalism, effectiveness and expertise to the max. Along with tremendous knowledge, our instructors are also engaging and exciting, so that our courses will provide you with some of the most interesting days you’ve ever spent learning Islam. In sha Allah
About us: Cape Town Muslim Events partnership courses have been around officially since 2011. Over the past few years, thousands of students have studied with us. Our aim is to deliver outstanding mainstream education that enriches people’s lives underpinned by an Islamic ethos and to make traditional Islamic education accessible and relevant. In sha Allah
Dates & Times:
- Every Wednesday for 12 weeks. (3 months)
- Starting on the 7th February 2018 and ending on the 9th May 2018
- No class during school holidays
- Starts 30 Minutes after Maghrib (1st week 8.3opm to 9.45pm)
- (Time will change and increase as prayer time moves earlier)
- NB! There are no Salah facilities at the venue however there is a Masjid 3 minutes away
The Knowledge Zone / The Deen Store
541 Lansdowne Rd. Lansdowne (See map here)
- Secure parking (patrolled)
- Air conditioning
- High quality surround sound
- Coffee and snacks on sale
- Bring along a pillow for extra comfort
- R250.00 per month
- R650.00 per person (once off for full 3 month course) savings of R100
Contact Uncle Shamiel via Whats-App: 0786104700 for options below.
- Discounts : Youth (under 20), Pensioners and block bookings
- Need a better payment plan or looking for a sponsor?
- Student pack containing: book, pen and folder
- All printed notes or course booklet
- Certificate on successful completion
- Limited seats and Payment secures your seat.
- Walk in registration: The Deen Store, 541 Lansdowne Rd, Lansdowne (See map here)
- Telephonic bookings: 021 762 6745 or 021 696 1714
- Whats-App: 0786104700
EFT and Cellphone banking only , no cash deposits allowed !
Bank Name: Standard Bank
Account Name: Cape Town Muslim Events
Branch Name: Kromboom
Branch Code: 026209
Account Number: 300794711
Account Type: Cheque Account
Reference : Your Name, Surname and Course code (#IB118)
- Send proof of payment via fax or email (see below)
- Cash or Card payments can be made at The Deen Store – 541 Lansdowne Road, Lansdowne. (See map here)
- Telephone: 0021 762 6745 or 021 6961714
- Whats-app: 078 610 4700
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 086 551 8032
Testimonials and audio clips
- The classes was well organised, very informative, great time and the instructor was also very entertaining.
- Moulana made the class exceptionally easy to understand and kept the class interesting with his engagement with the class. His knowledge of the topics discussed were also really vast and I appreciated the fact that he often made examples during discussions to ease our understanding.
- The instructor was knowledgable and made classes run by adding some humour.
- Mln Allie has a great abundance of knowledge. Every class was very informational. Well planned and classically funny.
- Overall result of the course was really informative and helpful and relatable. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
O Allah, I ask Thee for BENEFICIAL KNOWLEDGE, acceptable action, and good provision.” (Al-Tirmidhi).