THE SAKINAH FOUNDATION AND CAPE TOWN MUSLIM EVENTS PRESENTS
Hidden treasures of Surah Al-Kahf
Tafseer of Surah Al-Kahf
Taught by Moulana Muaadth Allie
Enhance your ability to better worship Allah SWT
through the Understanding of The Holy Quran
The Prophet Muhammad (Peace be Upon Him) recited Surah Kahf every Friday and he recommended we do the same. The recital of this surah is said to protect its readers from the anti-Christ and affords the reader the divine protection of Allah from one Friday to the next. Do not miss this opportunity to unlock the secrets of identifying trials and combating it as we explain the verses of Surah al-Kahf.
The Messenger of Allāh [peace be upon] has warned against trial after trial which will afflict humanity until the end of times. In one tradition these trials are likened to surging waves which strike the beach one after the other. [Bukhārī: 3586]
In another, he said: “Hasten with the doing of good deeds before trials come which will only worsen like the darkening stages of the night. A man will be a believer in the morning and a disbeliever by nightfall or a believer at night and a disbeliever with the arrival of dawn. He will sell his religion for some worldly commodity.” [Muslim: 118]
The principal sūrah in the Qurān that deals with temptation and trials is sūrah 18: al-Kahf. The Messenger of Allāh [peace be upon him] said: “Anyone who recites sūrah al-Kahf on the day of Jumu`ah [i.e Friday] it will provide him with (guiding) light from that Friday to the next.” [Ḥākim, Mustadrak, vol. 2, p. 368 and Bayhaqī, Sunan Kubrā, vol. 3, p. 249]
He also said: “Whoever recites the final ten verses of sūrah al-Kahf will be protected from the temptation (or trial) of Dajjāl.” [Muslim: 809]
The ḥadith also mention that every prophet that Allāh had sent to humanity warned his people against the coming of Dajjāl [Bukhārī: 6598] which has caused many scholars to believe that he is the greatest evil which will ever be released on mankind. Consequently, devout Muslims recite sūrahal-Kahf at least once a week – usually on Fridays – to provide them with guidance and protection until their next recital.
The importance of understanding the Quran
The importance of understanding the Quran
The Qurān speaks to the unsophisticated just as it speaks to the brilliant. Each walk away with a valid understanding peculiar to their level of education and grasp. No individual, nation or even humanity at large develops their knowledge base except that they discover new meanings to the Qurān inspired by these advancements.
The Qurān never lags behind and instead stays on par with the individual. It is, in fact, always ahead of us and waiting for us to catch up so that we can enter new dimensions of consciousness. As such, when one enters the medium of the Qurān, one has entered an ocean of infinite development and discovery, the pleasures of which will never come to an end.
The Qurān is the constitution of all Muslims and their guidebook through life, and so they are all required to be acquainted with its basic message and directives. This is only achievable via regular contact with the Quran such as that made during its recital, study, practice or propagation.
To do otherwise is to have abandoned the Qurān and the lifestyle that it calls towards.
- The destructive nature of fitnah [temptation and trials] and how as a Muslim to protect your faith in Allāh and maintain your commitments to Him.
- Clarification on the four areas of trials of trials of this life
via the stories of the sleepers of the cave, the two men of the gardens, the teacher Khidr and Dhū al-Qarnayn.
- The astounding power of the narrative in the clarification of eternal secrets of success and its amazing efficacy in inducing action in the most resistant of people.
- The four levels of da`wah [inviting to the path of Allāh].
Teaching methods will include:
- From the historical context where applicable
- Exposition of the wisdom of sūrah placement in the sequence of the Qurān
- Discussion as to the primary content and overriding themes of each sūrah
- Word-for-word translation of every verse
- Cross-referencing with related verses and prophetic traditions
- Detailed commentary accompanied by the scholarly conclusions of leading Mufassirūn [Qurānic exegetes]
- Extraction of pertinent life lessons
- Group discussions will be considered where suitable
About the Instructor:
Moulana Muaadth Allie
Read bio and testimonials
Read bio and testimonials
- The classes was well organised, very informative, great time and the instructor was also very entertaining.
- Moulana made the class exceptionally easy to understand and kept the class interesting with his engagement with the class. His knowledge of the topics discussed were also really vast and I appreciated the fact that he often made examples during discussions to ease our understanding.
- The instructor was knowledgable and made classes run by adding some humour.
- Mln Allie has a great abundance of knowledge. Every class was very informational. Well planned and classically funny.
- Overall result of the course was really informative and helpful and relatable. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Dates & Times:
- Starts 21st July 2019
- Ends 15th September 2019
- [8 weeks]
- 7pm to 9pm
- 2 payments of R250.00 per month per person
- or once off R450.00 per person
The Knowledge Zone / The Deen Store – 541 Lansdowne Rd. Lansdowne (See map here)
- Secure patrolled parking
- Air conditioning
- High quality sound
- Coffee and snacks on sale
- Limited seats and Payment secures your seat.
- Spaces are allocated when proof of payment is received.
- Please complete registration form below
EFT and Cellphone banking, no cash deposits allowed !
Bank Name: Standard Bank
Account Name: Cape Town Muslim Events
Branch Name: Kromboom
Branch Code: 026209
Account Number: 300794711
Account Type: Cheque Account
Reference : Your Name, Surname and Course code (#KH39)
Cash or Card payments can be made at The Deen Store – 541 Lansdowne Road, Lansdowne. (See map here)
- Physical Address: 541 Lansdowne Rd. Lansdowne
- P.O. Box 2241, Clareinch 7740
- Telephone: 021 762 6745
- Fax: 086 551 8032
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.ctme.co.za
Our Instructors are among the best. We are determined to provide our students with instructors who take professionalism, effectiveness and expertise to the max. Along with tremendous knowledge, our instructors are also engaging and exciting, so that our courses will provide you with some of the most interesting days you’ve ever spent learning Islam. In sha Allah
O Allah, I ask Thee for BENEFICIAL KNOWLEDGE, acceptable action, and good provision.” (Al-Tirmidhi).