In the name of Allah. Most Gracious. Most Merciful
The Prophet Muhammad said: “Whoever follows a path in the pursuit of knowledge, Allah will make a path to Paradise easy for him.” (Al-Bukhari)
The Sakinah Foundation & Cape Town Muslim Events
HAJJ and UMRAH WORKSHOP
Journey of the Heart
Every year following the Holy Month of Ramadân, millions of Muslims from all over the world converge on the sites of Makkah and surrounds for the performance of the Hajj rituals. The Hajj has many elements – physical, emotional and spiritual – all of which signify submission to the Creator and Sustainer of us all: the Almighty Allâh. It is a universal response to an ancient call made by the patriarch Ibrâhîm [upon whom be peace].
Allâh states in sûrah al-Hajj, verses 27-8 addressing Ibrâhîm: “And make the call for Hajj amongst the people. They will come walking and riding on every lean beast from every distant crevice in order to attend that which holds manifold benefits for them and to make mention of the name of Allâh in numbered days…”
The performance of Hajj at least once in a lifetime is a compulsory duty on all financially and physically capable Muslims. Abu Hurayrah (may Allâh be pleased with him) reports that the Messenger of Allâh (peace be upon him) said: “Whoever performs Hajj for the sake of pleasing Allah and therein utters no word of evil, nor commits any evil deed, shall return from it as free from sin as the day on which his mother gave birth to him.” Bukhârî: 1521 and Muslim: 1350
This series of classes will guide attendees as to the general rulings and methods of performing this essential ritual of Islâm. Particular attention will be given to the Tamattu` form of Hajj which covers both the rituals of Hajj and `Umrah. It is according to many `Ulamâ’ the preferred method and has traditionally been the way most Cape Townians perform the Hajj.
Due attention will be given to the other forms of Hajj as well and as such all intending Hujâj will be accommodated. Wisdoms on how to spiritually maximise the experience will cover preparing to leave, arriving at Jeddah/Medina/Makkah, the various acts of Hajj and `Umrah, and the return journey.
Classes will cover:
- The Fiqh of Hajj and Umrah: the essentials of such rituals as Ihrâm, Tawâf, Sa`y, Wuqûf, Halq.
- All rituals and accompaniments to be practically demonstrated.
- Classes to be done via PowerPoint presentations with facilitating photos and diagrams.
- Useful hints and tips on travelling and interacting with other Hujâj and locals.
- Advice on maintaining general health and wellbeing.
- Guidance on SAHUC and government applications, inoculations and other finer details
- Virtues of Hajj and Umrah
- Inner dimensions of Hajj & Umrah
- Learn basic Arabic words to enhance your experience
Moulana Muaadth Allie is the Director and founder of The Sakinah Foundation, Co-Imam at the Castle Town Road Masjid, Part time lecturer at Darun Na’im Wynberg, Graduate of Darul Ulum Newcastle (KZN). Marriage counsellor, Cape Town Muslim Events and The Knowledge Zone resident lecturer, Jumuah lecturer all around Western Cape & Free-lance Islamic / Spiritual advisor & lecturer. Teaching for over 20 years.
Our Instructors are among the best. We are determined to provide our students with instructors who take professionalism, effectiveness and expertise to the max. Along with tremendous knowledge, our instructors are also engaging and exciting, so that our courses will provide you with some of the most interesting days you’ve ever spent learning Islam. In sha Allah
About us: Cape Town Muslim Events partnership courses have been around officially since 2011. Over the past few years, thousands of students have studied with us. Our aim is to deliver outstanding mainstream education that enriches people’s lives underpinned by an Islamic ethos and to make traditional Islamic education accessible and relevant. In sha Allah
Dates & Times:
- Every Sunday for 3 weeks
- Starting on the 24th June 2018 and ending 8th July 2018
- 9am to 1pm – doors open 8.30am
The Knowledge Zone / The Deen Store
541 Lansdowne Rd. Lansdowne (See map here)
- Secure patrolled parking
- Air conditioning
- High quality surround sound
- Coffee and snacks on sale (Pre-order coffee)
- Bring along a pillow for extra comfort
- Once off fee R450.00 per person
- Minimum deposit of: R100.00 – to secure your seat, balance to be paid before class starts
- Access to all 3 days [12 sessions]
- Student pack containing: book, pen and folder
- All printed notes or course booklet
- Certificate on successful completion
- Limited to 60 students and Payment secures your seat.
- Walk in registration: The Deen Store, 541 Lansdowne Rd, Lansdowne (See map here)
- Email bookings: email@example.com
- Whats-App Bookings: 0765463217
EFT and Cellphone banking only , no cash deposits allowed !
Bank Name: Standard Bank
Account Name: Cape Town Muslim Events
Branch Name: Kromboom
Branch Code: 026209
Account Number: 300794711
Account Type: Cheque Account
Reference : Your Name, Surname and Course code (#IB38)
- Send proof of payment via fax or email (see below)
- Cash or Card payments can be made at The Deen Store – 541 Lansdowne Road, Lansdowne. (See map here)
- Telephone: 021 762 6745
- Whats-app: 078 610 4700
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 086 551 8032
Testimonials and audio clips
- The classes was well organised, very informative, great time and the instructor was also very entertaining.
- Moulana made the class exceptionally easy to understand and kept the class interesting with his engagement with the class. His knowledge of the topics discussed were also really vast and I appreciated the fact that he often made examples during discussions to ease our understanding.
- The instructor was knowledgable and made classes run by adding some humour.
- Mln Allie has a great abundance of knowledge. Every class was very informational. Well planned and classically funny.
- Overall result of the course was really informative and helpful and relatable. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
O Allah, I ask Thee for BENEFICIAL KNOWLEDGE, acceptable action, and good provision.” (Al-Tirmidhi).