In the name of Allah. Most Gracious. Most Merciful
FIQH OF PURIFICATION AND PRAYER
Nabi Sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam said: The key to Paradise is Salah and the key to Salah is Wudu. (Musnad Ahmad)
No Muslim can do without this course! Everyone must perform Salah, therefore everyone must study about Salah. It’s as simple as that. Consider the possibility that we might be doing it all wrong! It happens to many people every day.
Courses like this are absolutely essential.
You will be taken through the absolute essentials of Purification and Prayer by an expert teacher so that you can be sure of the validity of your Salah in future. In sha Allah
In summary the course will cover the following:
- Introduction to fiqh (Islamic Jurisprudence)
- A study of the rules and methods of Taharah (purity)
- A study of the Fiqh of Salah (Prayer) and briefly on the inner aspects
See full course description and topics further down.
Who should attend?
- Those seeking to gain closeness to Allah through this most noble and sublime act of worship.
- Any Muslim who, having understood the importance of purity and salah, wishes to know what Allâh requires of him/her in this regard.
- Those who have always wanted to be provided with the various proofs for rituals in which they engage daily.
- Anyone who has unanswered questions regarding the Islâmic laws of purification and salah and wishes it to be answered in a non-judgmental and uncritical manner.
- Educators who want to be empowered with authentic knowledge that they can impart to others with confidence and conviction.
Mowlana Muaadth Allie
Graduate of Darul Ulum Newcastle (KZN). Director of Sakinah Foundation and Imam and Teacher at Darun Naim, Wynberg. 20 Years teaching experience
Dates & Times:
- Every Sunday for 8 weeks
- 30th July 2017 to 24th September 2017
- 11.15am – 1pm : Doors open 11am
The Knowledge Zone: 541 Lansdowne Rd. Lansdowne (See map here)
- Secure parking (patrolled)
- Air conditioning
- High quality surround sound
- R400 per person (once off)
- R220 per month (2 payments)
- Student pack containing: book, pen and folder
- All printed notes or course booklet
- Certificate on successful completion [No Exam but required to attend full course]
- Limited seats.
- Payment secures your seat.
- Walk in registration at The Deen Store, 541 Lansdowne Rd, Lansdowne (See map here)
- Telephonic bookings: 021 762 6745
Bank Name: Standard Bank
Account Name: Cape Town Muslim Events
Branch Name: Kromboom
Branch Code: 026209
Account Number: 300794711
Account Type: Cheque Account
Reference : Your Name, Surname and Course code (PP317)
Cash or Card payments can be made at The Deen Store – 541 Lansdowne Road, Lansdowne. (See map here)
Telephone: 021 762 6745
Cell/Whats-app: 078 610 4700
Fax: 086 551 8032
Comprehensive study of the rules and methods of Taharah (purity)
The Messenger of Allâh [peace be upon him] said: “Purity is half of faith.” [Muslim: 223] In addition, as He [peace be upon him] passed by two graves, He [peace be upon him] commented: “They are being punished for actions that are not that difficult to avoid: the one did not avoid (the splashing of his) urine (while answering the call of nature) and the other moved about spreading stories.” [Bukhârî: 218 and Muslim: 292]
This course covers the essentials of purification as clarified by Imâm al-Nawawî in his classical work on jurisprudence entitled ‘Minhâj al-Tâlibîn’. Discussions are supplemented with related proofs and commentary on the text is provided by the instructor in a modern idiom.
– To be provided with authentic knowledge via the study of a classical work on Fiqh by one of the greatest jurists [fuqahâ’] and traditionists [muhaddithûn] of all time: Imâm Yahyâ ibn al-Sharaf al-Nawawî (may Allâh shower him with mercy).
– To have access to the proofs employed by the `Ulamâ’ [may Allâh shower them with mercy] in deriving their juristic findings in the area of purification.
– To be given the opportunity to asks questions that have been bugging you regarding the Islâmic laws of Tahârah [purification].
– To come to know what Allâh expects of you with regards to matters of purity.
– An introduction to Fiqh
– The Islâmic rulings relating to:
a) The different types of water
b) The various types of impurities
c) Utensils and containers.
d) Etiquettes of answering the call of nature
e) Menses [hayd], post-natal bleeding [nifâs] and irregular vaginal bleeding [istihâdah].
f) Wudû’ [ablution] and its nullifiers
g) Ghusl [bathing] and its nullifiers
h) Dry ablution [tayammum] i) Wiping of the khuff [leather socks], the jabîrah [bandages], the `amâmah [the turban] and normal socks.
f) Usage of the tooth-stick [miswâk].
Comprehensive study of the of the fiqh of Salah
The scholar Âlûsî says in his work on tafsîr ‘Rûh al-Ma`ânî’: “The scholars mention that salâh is THE ASCENCION OF THE TRUE BELIEVER.”
There is no greater act of worship than salâh and the devotee will never attain greater proximity to Allâh than while in sujûd[prostration]. It is the criterion between faith and disbelief. Those who are regular in its performance have proven their faithfulness while those guilty of its neglect are in peril of disbelief. As such no Muslim can afford to be ignorant of its laws and regulations. Topics to be discussed include:
1- The Importance Of Salâh
2- Who Must Perform Salâh?
3- The Times Of The Five Daily Prayers And When Prayer Is Forbidden
4- Making Up Missed Prayers [Qadâ’] 5- The Call To Prayer [Adhân] And The Call To Commence [Iqâmah] 6- The Prerequisites Of Salâh
7- The Integrals Of Salâh [A] 8- The Integrals Of Salâh And The Superogatory [B] 9- The Invalidators Of Salâh And The Offensive
10- The Optional Prayers
11- Group Prayer And The Imâm
O Allah, I ask Thee for BENEFICIAL KNOWLEDGE, acceptable action, and good provision.” (Al-Tirmidhi).