In the name of Allah. Most Gracious. Most Merciful
The Prophet Muhammad said: “Whoever follows a path in the pursuit of knowledge, Allah will make a path to Paradise easy for him.” (Al-Bukhari)
The Sakinah Foundation, Cape Town Muslim Events and The Knowledge Zone
Fiqh of Janazah, Burials & Inheritance
“Every soul shall taste death and then to Us will be your return.” [`Ankabūt: 57]
Our imminent death is a reality that we all face. The Muslim is commanded to be ever mindful of death and to ensure that he meets his death in the best of conditions.
How do I handle a family member falling ill?
What do I do in their final moments in this world?
How do I wash and shroud the dead?
How can I benefit my dear mother after her death?
What are the procedures of burial?
What happens to the Deceased Estate?
What will you Learn?
*Learn the essentials related to the management of a Muslim funeral.
*Learn what to do when you or a beloved is at death’s door.
*Discover the Sunnah in consoling the relatives of the deceased and related matters.
*Acquire PRACTICAL knowledge of how to wash and shroud the deceased while preserving their human dignity.
*Study the Sunnah method of performing the Salah al Janaazah and respectful escorting of the deceased to the grave.
*Learn basic concepts of the Islamic Inheritance Law, principal elements of asset distribution and the key features of an Islamic will
Who is this course for?
* Every Adult Muslim striving to practice Islam correctly and looking to increase his/her attachment to the Akhira
What will you come out with at the end of the course?
* Notes that summarizes the most important rules of janazah, burials & inheritance.
* A detailed knowledge of how to benefit the dead after they have left us.
* An in-depth understanding of the process and guidelines of writing will & bequests
* An understanding of related innovations that we need avoid related janaza, burials & inheritance
Moulana Muaadth Allie is the Director and founder of The Sakinah Foundation, Co-Imam at the Castle Town Road Masjid, Graduate of Darul Ulum Newcastle (KZN). Marriage counsellor, Cape Town Muslim Events and The Knowledge Zone resident lecturer, Jumuah lecturer all around Western Cape & Free-lance Islamic / Spiritual adviser & lecturer. Teaching for over 20 years.
Dates & Times:
- Every Monday for 8 weeks
- Starting on the 15 October ending on the 3rd December 2018
- 7pm to *9.30pm (Doors open 6.45pm)
- Please bring a prayer mat
The Knowledge Zone / The Deen Store – 541 Lansdowne Rd. Lansdowne (See map here)
- patrolled parking
- Coffee and snacks on sale
- Monthly : R250 x 2 per person
- Once off: R450.00 [R50 savings]
- Youth (under 21) and Pensioners pay Half – R250 [once off]
- Access to all 8 sessions
- Student pack containing: book, pen and folder
- All printed notes or course booklet
- Audios where applicable
- Certificate on successful completion
- Limited seats Payment secures your seat.
- Walk in registration: The Deen Store, 541 Lansdowne Rd, Lansdowne (See map here)
EFT and Cellphone banking only , no cash deposits allowed !
Bank Name: Standard Bank
Account Name: Cape Town Muslim Events
Branch Name: Kromboom
Branch Code: 026209
Account Number: 300794711
Account Type: Cheque Account
Reference : Your Name, Surname and Course code [#JBI48]
- Send proof of payment via fax or email (see below)
- Cash or Card payments can be made at The Deen Store – 541 Lansdowne Road, Lansdowne. (See map here)
- Telephone: 021 762 6745
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 086 551 8032
Testimonials and audio clips
- The classes was well organised, very informative, great time and the instructor was also very entertaining.
- Moulana made the class exceptionally easy to understand and kept the class interesting with his engagement with the class. His knowledge of the topics discussed were also really vast and I appreciated the fact that he often made examples during discussions to ease our understanding.
- The instructor was knowledgable and made classes run by adding some humour.
- Mln Allie has a great abundance of knowledge. Every class was very informational. Well planned and classically funny.
- Overall result of the course was really informative and helpful and relatable. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
O Allah, I ask Thee for BENEFICIAL KNOWLEDGE, acceptable action, and good provision.” (Al-Tirmidhi).