In the name of Allah. Most Gracious. Most Merciful
The Prophet Muhammad said: “Whoever follows a path in the pursuit of knowledge, Allah will make a path to Paradise easy for him.” (Al-Bukhari)
The Sakinah Foundation & Cape Town Muslim Events
Fiqh of Janazah and Burial Workshop
“Every soul shall taste death and then to Us will be your return.” [`Ankabūt: 57]
Our imminent death is a reality that we all face. The Muslim is commanded to be ever mindful of death and to ensure that he meets his death in the best of conditions.
The Funeral prayer of a deceased Muslim is a communal obligation (Fard Kifayah). If someone is buried without it being performed then the whole community is held responsible but as long as some gather and perform it, the obligation is removed from the whole community.
How do I handle a family member falling ill?
What do I do in their final moments in this world?
How do I wash and shroud the dead?
How can I benefit my dear mother after her death?
What are the procedures of burial?
- Learn the essentials related to the management of a Muslim funeral.
- Learn what to do when you or a beloved is at death’s door.
- Discover the Sunnah in consoling the relatives of the deceased and related matters.
- Acquire PRACTICAL knowledge of how to wash and shroud the deceased while preserving their human dignity.
- Study the Sunnah method of performing the Salah al Janazah and respectful escorting of the deceased to the grave.
A reality so clear and so near but something many shy away from discussing whereas the Messenger Sallalaahu alaihi wassalam advised “Increase the mention of the destroyer of desires: Death” [Tirmidhi]
Don’t you think it is time to learn about the journey and happenings that we all have to go through?
- Sickness and the final moments
- Death and Beyond [al-Mawt wa Maa Warā’ahu]
- After Death Procedures and Consolation of Next of Kin
- Practical & theory:
1. Washing of the Deceased [Ghasl al-Mayyit] 2. Shrouding and Application of Camphor
- The Escorting of the Deceased
- Salah al-Janazah [The Funeral Prayer]
- Burial of the Deceased
- Visiting the graveyard
- Benefiting the dead
Moulana Muaadth made the class exceptionally easy to understand and kept the class interesting with his engagement with the class.His knowledge of the topics discussed were also really vast and I appreciated the fact that he often made examples during discussions to ease our understanding.
Moulana Muaadth Allie is the Director and founder of The Sakinah Foundation, Co-Imam at the Castle Town Road Masjid, Part time lecturer at Darun Na’im Wynberg, Graduate of Darul Ulum Newcastle (KZN). Marriage counsellor, Cape Town Muslim Events resident lecturer, Jumuah lecturer all around Western Cape & Free-lance Islamic / Spiritual advisor & lecturer.
Our Instructors are among the best. We are determined to provide our students with instructors who take professionalism, effectiveness and expertise to the max. Along with tremendous knowledge, our instructors are also engaging and exciting, so that our courses will provide you with some of the most interesting days you’ve ever spent learning Islam. In sha Allah
About us: Cape Town Muslim Events partnership courses have been around officially since 2011. Over the past few years, thousands of students have studied with us. Our aim is to deliver outstanding mainstream education that enriches people’s lives underpinned by an Islamic ethos and to make traditional Islamic education accessible and relevant. In sha Allah
Dates & Times:
- Every Sunday for 5 sessions
- Starting on the 15th April 2018 and ending on the 13th May 2018
- 8.30am to 10.30am
The Knowledge Zone / The Deen Store
541 Lansdowne Rd. Lansdowne (See map here)
- Secure parking (patrolled)
- Air conditioning
- High quality surround sound
- R250 per person (once off)
- Youth under 18yrs and pensioners (R150 full course fee)
- Student pack containing: book, pen and folder
- All printed notes or course booklet
- Certificate on successful completion
- Limited seats and Payment secures your seat.
- Walk in registration: The Deen Store, 541 Lansdowne Rd, Lansdowne (See map here)
- Telephonic bookings: 021 762 6745 or 021 696 1714
- Whats-App: 0786104700
EFT and Cellphone banking only , no cash deposits allowed !
Bank Name: Standard Bank
Account Name: Cape Town Muslim Events
Branch Name: Kromboom
Branch Code: 026209
Account Number: 300794711
Account Type: Cheque Account
Reference : Your Name, Surname and Course code (#JW28)
Cash or Card payments can be made at The Deen Store – 541 Lansdowne Road, Lansdowne. (See map here)
Telephone: 0021 762 6745
Whats-app: 078 610 4700
Fax: 086 551 8032
Terms & Conditions:
- Fees are not transferable to another student
- No Children who might disturb others students allowed in class.
- Cancelling your place – If you notify us in writing (via letter, email or fax) up to 7 days before the start date of a course, you will receive a full refund (less admin fee of R50).
- If you fail to attend the course on which you are booked and have not given prior notice to us then the course fee will remain payable in full and no transfer will be allowed.
- We reserve the right to cancel any course because of low registration or events beyond our control. In the unlikely event of cancellation, students will be notified and offered the option to switch to a different course or receive a full refund.
- Right of admission is Reserved
- No audio or video recordings allowed
Testimonials and audio clips
- The classes was well organised, very informative, great time and the instructor was also very entertaining.
- Moulana made the class exceptionally easy to understand and kept the class interesting with his engagement with the class. His knowledge of the topics discussed were also really vast and I appreciated the fact that he often made examples during discussions to ease our understanding.
- The instructor was knowledgable and made classes run by adding some humour.
- Mln Allie has a great abundance of knowledge. Every class was very informational. Well planned and classically funny.
- Overall result of the course was really informative and helpful and relatable. Thoroughly enjoyed it.