The Sakinah Foundation & Cape Town Muslim Events
FIQH OF FASTING AND RAMADAN
Taught by Moulana Muaadth Allie
“O you who believe, fasting has been made compulsory upon you as it had been made compulsory upon those before you so that you may become ALLAH fearing.” (Quran:2:183)
Ramadan is the Islamic month in which we, Muslims, strive to achieve a heightened state of Allah-consciousness. We exert ourselves in the performance of certain acts of worship with the aim of attaining to TAQWA (piety) and of training ourselves to be the best we can be.
It is the month in which we focus on the needs of the soul and cultivate good habits aimed at improving our character and relationship with others especially our Maker.
The Fiqh of Fasting and Ramadan course is thus a specially tailored to those who wish to be fully equipped with knowledge pertaining to all of the ibadah pre-Ramadan, during and post-Ramadan.
- Virtues and benefits of fasting, the month of Ramadhan and lailat al-qadr
- Preparation for Ramadan
- Types of fasting
- Tarwih Prayers
- Conditions, essentials, sunnahs and etiquette’s, reprehensible acts and nullifiers of fasting; and the reasons for which an ongoing fast can be broken
- Fasting and medication, and other miscellaneous issues
- Making up for the missed fast, expiatory fasts and redemptive payments
- The fiqh of I’tikaf
- ‘Eid and Sadaqatul Fitr
- Steadfastness post-Ramadan
Dates & Times:
- Monday 8th, 15th and 29th April 2019
- 7.15pm to 9pm
The Knowledge Zone / The Deen Store – 541 Lansdowne Rd. Lansdowne (See map here)
- Patrolled parking
- R150.00 per person
- R90.00 per child under 18 or Pensioners
- Kindly note that we are not funded and all fees are used to cover operational expenses at the center. In sha Allah
- Access to all 3 sessions
- Student pack containing: book, pen and folder
- All printed notes or course booklet
- Certificate on successful completion
- NB! Limited seats and Payment secures your seat.
- The Deen Store, 541 Lansdowne Rd, Lansdowne (See map here)
Banking Details:EFT and Cellphone banking, no cash deposits allowed !Bank Name: Standard Bank
Account Name: Cape Town Muslim Events
Branch Name: Kromboom
Branch Code: 026209
Account Number: 300794711
Account Type: Cheque Account
Reference : Your Name, Surname and Course code (#PR219)
Cash or Card payments can be made at The Deen Store – 541 Lansdowne Road, Lansdowne. (See map here)
- Telephone: 021 762 6745
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 086 551 8032
- Class Coordinator: Shamiel – WhatsApp – 0765463217
Our Instructors are among the best. We are determined to provide our students with instructors who take professionalism, effectiveness and expertise to the max. Along with tremendous knowledge, our instructors are also engaging and exciting, so that our courses will provide you with some of the most interesting days you’ve ever spent learning Islam. In sha Allah
About us: Cape Town Muslim Events partnership courses have been around officially since 2011. Over the past few years, thousands of students have studied with us. Our aim is to deliver outstanding education that enriches people’s lives underpinned by an Islamic ethos and to make traditional Islamic education accessible and relevant.
Biography, Testimonials and Audios
- Moulana Muaadth Allie is the Director and founder of The Sakinah Foundation, Co-Imam at the Castle Town Road Masjid, Part time lecturer at various institutions around Cape Town, Graduate of Darul Ulum Newcastle (KZN). Resident teacher at Cape Town Muslim Events / The Knowledge Zone. Teacher and Marriage counselor since 1998.
- The Road to Nikah Course is outstanding and very informative. A must for soon to be married couples as well as newly-weds. Information provided by Moulana Muaadth is of the highest quality. Really happy that I attended this course.
- The classes was well organised, very informative, great time and the instructor was also very entertaining.
- What really stood out for me was the solutions the instructor gave us on how to deal and handle the real problems that occur in a relationship. I have already started practicing them now already before the start of my marriage. I am still very excited and will continue to remember all I have learnt as the future comes.
- Moulana made the class exceptionally easy to understand and kept the class interesting with his engagement with the class. His knowledge of the topics discussed were also really vast and I appreciated the fact that he often made examples during discussions to ease our understanding.
- The instructor was knowledgeable and made classes run by adding some humor. Interesting to note the differences in men and females-reality.
- The course is fantastic I would re-attend anytime. It gives newlyweds an invaluable real life foundation to build from.
- Mln Allie has a great abundance of knowledge. Every class was very informational. Well planned and classically funny.
- Attending the course is a real eye opener and the content hereof makes u feel to want to be the best man/husband to ones partner.I would recommend the course to all Muslims and even non Muslims.
- Definitely a very beneficial course for anyone that is married or wants to get married.
- Overall result of the course was really informative and helpful and relatable. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
- A great introduction for preparation to getting married for choosing your spouse.
- Course covers the fundamental parts that inform listeners to carry out and try to have a successful marriage by means of guidance and counselling but reminding the listener to first learn oneself better before learning more about a spouse.