In the name of Allah. Most Gracious. Most Merciful
The Prophet Muhammad said: “Whoever follows a path in the pursuit of knowledge, Allah will make a path to Paradise easy for him.” (Al-Bukhari)
BASIC QURAN LITERACY WORKSHOP
Tajweed is the art of reciting the Qur’an correctly and beautifully; it is essential for every person who recites the Qur’an even if just in Salah. Our recitation in Salah is directly addressed to Allah (SWT) and it is a pity that so many people make severe mistakes in it because of a lack of implementation of Tajweed rules.
Introducing the basic rules of Tajweed, and elementary training under the teacher. This course will ensure that students recite their short surahs correctly and get them started on applying the rules of Tajweed as they read the Qur’anic text.
This course moves on from our primer course ( AL-QURAN READING FOR BEGINNERS) – where students learn how to read and write Arabic. Based on our experience, students after learning the basics of reading and writing Arabic, find it difficult to read full vereses fluently and proficiently (even before the rules of Tajweed is introduced).
Thus, this courses tackles this issue of fluent reading, and will work on the fluency of the students, preparing them to be introduced to more technical rules in the latter modules.
Following are the objectives of the courses:
1) To be able to read verses of the Qur`an with good pronunciation and a good level of fluency. This entails implementing the follwing: accuracy of vowels (i.e. stretch and no stretch), shaddah, and fluent reading. Our surahs for this course will be surahs tariq, a’laa, ghashiya and fajr. In sha Allah
2) To learn the basic rules from a practical aspect only, and how to recognise certain repetitive trends in the text which allude to the application of tajweed. In preparation for the tajweed theory in the next course.
Moulana Hafith Qaari Saalim Peck. Hifth done under the late Sheikh Yusuf Booley. Matriculation at Islamia College. Studied abroad in Egypt and Syria (focusing on Quran and Arabic language studies). Teacher at Dar al – Ulum Al – Arabiyyah Al- Islamyyah (Strand) and resident lecturer at Cape Town Muslim Events’ Knowledge Zone Courses. Co-Founder of The Learn Quran Foundation.
Testimonials from students:
- Very excellent, enjoyed the inspiring and motivating words. Masha Allah
- The Instructor made me feel at ease and reminds us always of our intention.
- Course presenter is very good. Alhumdulilah.
- Moulana has inspired me to read more of the Quraan. Alhumdulilah
Our Instructors are among the best. We are determined to provide our students with instructors who take professionalism, effectiveness and expertise to the max. Along with tremendous knowledge, our instructors are also engaging and exciting, so that our courses will provide you with some of the most interesting days you’ve ever spent learning Islam. In sha Allah
About us: Cape Town Muslim Events partnership courses have been around officially since 2011. Over the past few years, thousands of students have studied with us. Our aim is to deliver outstanding mainstream education that enriches people’s lives underpinned by an Islamic ethos and to make traditional Islamic education accessible and relevant. In sha Allah
Dates & Times:
Every Saturday for 8 weeks.
Starting on the 3rd February 2018
Ending on the 24th March 2018
8.45am to 10.45am – with a 15 minute break
The Knowledge Zone: 541 Lansdowne Rd. Lansdowne (See map here)
- Secure parking (patrolled)
- Air conditioning
- High quality surround sound
- All students seated at desks – Limited to 45 students only.
- R250 per month or R480 once off
- Limited to 45 students only.
- Student pack containing: book, pen and folder
- All printed notes or course booklet
- Certificate on successful completion
- Audios provided via Whats-App
- Walk in registration at The Deen Store, 541 Lansdowne Road, Lansdowne (See map here)
- Telephonic bookings: Call: 021 762 6745
EFT and Cellphone banking only , no cash deposits allowed !
As seats are limited, please make a payment into the following account to secure your seat.
Bank Name: Standard Bank
Account Name: Cape Town Muslim Events
Branch Name: Kromboom
Branch Code: 026209
Account Number: 300794711
Account Type: Cheque Account
Reference : Your Name, Surname and Course code (BQL118)
*Kindly Fax or email proof of payment to 086 551 8032 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Cash payments or Card payments can be made at The Deen Store – 541 Lansdowne Road, Lansdowne.
Telephone: 021 762 6745
Cell/Whats-app: 078 610 4700
Fax: 086 551 8032
O Allah, I ask Thee for BENEFICIAL KNOWLEDGE, acceptable action, and good provision.” (Al-Tirmidhi).