In the name of Allah. Most Gracious. Most Merciful
BASIC QURAN LITERACY
Tajweed is the art of reciting the Qur’an correctly and beautifully; it is essential for every person who recites the Qur’an even if just in Salah. Our recitation in Salah is directly addressed to Allah (SWT) and it is a pity that so many people make severe mistakes in it because of a lack of implementation of Tajweed rules.
Introducing the basic rules of Tajweed, and elementary training under the teacher. This course will ensure that students recite their short surahs correctly and get them started on applying the rules of Tajweed as they read the Qur’anic text.
This course moves on from our primer course ( AL-QURAN READING FOR BEGINNERS) – where students learn how to read and write Arabic. Based on our experience, students after learning the basics of reading and writing Arabic, find it difficult to read full vereses fluently and proficiently (even before the rules of Tajweed is introduced).
Thus, this courses tackles this issue of fluent reading, and will work on the fluency of the students, preparing them to be introduced to more technical rules in the latter modules.
Following are the objectives of the courses:
1) Practical reading: – to be able to read verses of the Qur`an with good pronunciation and a good level of fluency. This entails implementing the follwing: accuracy of vowels (i.e. stretch and no stretch), shaddah, and fluent reading. Our surahs for this course will be surahs tariq, a’laa, ghashiya and fajr. In sha Allah
2) To learn the basic rules from a practical aspect only, and how to recognise certain repetitive trends in the text which allude to the application of tajweed. In preparation for the tajweed theory in the next course.
3) Writing: This will be a mandatory requirement of this module due to its immense benefit to learners at this critical stage of their literacy development. A manageable amount of writing work will be allocated weekly.
Moulana Hafith Saalim Peck. Hifth done under the late Sheikh Yusuf Booley. Matriculation at Islamia College. Studied abroad in Egypt and Syria (focusing on Quran and Arabic language studies). Teacher at Dar al – Ulum Al – Arabiyyah Al- Islamyyah (Strand) .
Testimonials from students:
- Very excellent, enjoyed the inspiring and motivating words. Masha Allah
- The Instructor made me feel at ease and reminds us always of our intention.
- Course presenter is very good. Alhumdulilah.
- Moulana has inspired me to read more of the Quraan. Alhumdulilah
Dates & Times:
Every Friday for 8 weeks.
Starting on the 13 October 2017
Ending on the 1st December 2017
8pm to 9.30pm
The Knowledge Zone: 541 Lansdowne Rd. Lansdowne (See map here)
- Secure parking (patrolled)
- Air conditioning
- High quality surround sound
R250 per month of R480 once off
For options below (email or WhatsApp – Shamiel firstname.lastname@example.org or 0786104700)
- Request a longer payment period
- Part sponsorship
- Discounts available for: Block bookings, Highschoolers and Pensioners
- Student pack containing: book, pen and folder
- All printed notes or course booklet
- Certificate on successful completion
- Walk in registration at The Deen Store, 541 Lansdowne Road, Lansdowne (See map here)
- Telephonic bookings: Call: 021 762 6745
As seats are limited, please make a payment into the following account to secure your seat.
Bank Name: Standard Bank
Account Name: Cape Town Muslim Events
Branch Name: Kromboom
Branch Code: 026209
Account Number: 300794711
Account Type: Cheque Account
Reference : Your Name, Surname and Course code (BQL417)
*Kindly Fax or email proof of payment to 086 551 8032 / email@example.com
Cash payments or Card payments can be made at The Deen Store – 541 Lansdowne Road, Lansdowne. (OLD FNB Building)
Telephone: 021 762 6745
Cell/Whats-app: 078 610 4700
Fax: 086 551 8032
O Allah, I ask Thee for BENEFICIAL KNOWLEDGE, acceptable action, and good provision.” (Al-Tirmidhi).