In the name of Allah. Most Gracious. Most Merciful
The Prophet Muhammad said: “Whoever follows a path in the pursuit of knowledge, Allah will make a path to Paradise easy for him.” (Al-Bukhari)
Awakening Your Salaah Workshop
How to taste the true beauty of Salaah
The prayer of the believer is the single most important form of worship and means of connection with one’s Lord. It is the medium through which the believer literally speaks to Allah SWT and the fountain from which one drinks on a daily basis to reinvigorate the soul and re-establish one’s purpose in life.
Having completed Salah we should leave feeling spiritually nourished and less burdened with the guilt of sins. We should leave feeling hopeful of forgiveness and content at having had a direct conversation with our Lord.
But is this the case? Are we fully present in these conversations?
Salah is not a chain of random acts and phrases strung together. It is a vehicle of spiritual dialogue with our Lord. Stepping onto the prayer mat is like stepping into the court of a King – The KING of all Kings.
This short course will explore the many attributes of Salah, help bring your Salah to life and aid you on your way to total devotion and concentration in your Salah. In sha Allah
Have you ever wondered why we pray, the way we pray?
Why do we raise our hands to our ears and declare “Allah is great”?
Why do we go down on our hands and knees and place our forehead on the ground and say “glory be to my lord the highest”?
The Aim of This Course
- To change your Salah completely. In fact, you will actually see significant improvement before you have finished this course.
- To fill your heart with a joy never experienced before, and to pour down upon it a peace and tranquility that will extinguish any pain you have ever suffered in this life.
- To reach the Firdous-Al-Ala (the highest Paradise), insha’Allah…
Allah tells us in Sura Al-Muminun: “Successful indeed are The Believers, Those who humble themselves in their prayers… These will be the heirs, who will inherit Al Firdous: They will dwell therein (for ever).” (23:1-11)
This course will attempt to:
- Share the secret of how to attain khushu in the prayer
- Explain both the outward and inward meanings of all the utterances in the prayer
- Explain the significance of the physical motions in the prayer
- Describe the thoughts & emotions one should experience in a living prayer
- Provide practical advice on how to develop the prayer through the above
What will you learn?
Inshā Allah, you will learn about the spiritual significance and meaning of ṣalāh. You will understand the role of ṣalāh in your journey of nearness and purification to Allah. You will, inshā Allah, begin to experience a deeper attachment to your ṣalāh and, inshā Allah, taste of its sweetness.
Who should attend?
Muslims – the not-so-young, the average-young, the young-ish. Ṣalāh is the first thing one will be questioned about in the grave. Are you ready? This is a course for those who are curious about the deeper meanings of ṣalāh, who want greater fulfilment through their ṣalāh, who want to taste the sweetness of ṣalāh. Ahlan wa sahlan!
Moulana Waasief Devries: Graduate of Darul Ulum Arabiyah Strand, Jumuah lecturer all around Western Cape & Free-lance Islamic / Spiritual advisor & lecturer.
Our Instructors are among the best. We are determined to provide our students with instructors who take professionalism, effectiveness and expertise to the max. Along with tremendous knowledge, our instructors are also engaging and exciting, so that our courses will provide you with some of the most interesting days you’ve ever spent learning Islam. In sha Allah
About us: Cape Town Muslim Events partnership courses have been around officially since 2011. Over the past few years, thousands of students have studied with us. Our aim is to deliver outstanding education that enriches people’s lives underpinned by an Islamic ethos and to make traditional Islamic education accessible and relevant. CTME does not collect Zakah, Sadaqa or Lillah or any form of funding from the community and is reliant on fees collected from the classes to cover its operational expenses.
May Allah SWT be pleased with us . Ameen
Dates & Times:
- Sundays 2nd to 23rd September 2018 [4 weeks]
- 11.15am to 1.15pm [Dhur Salaah performed in Jamaa’ after classes]
- Thursdays from 6th to 27th September 2018 [4 weeks]
- 7.15pm to 9.15pm [Esha’ Salaah performed in Jamaa’ after classes]
The Knowledge Zone / The Deen Store – 541 Lansdowne Rd. Lansdowne (See map here)
- Secure patrolled parking
- Air conditioning
- High quality surround sound
- Coffee and snacks on sale (Pre-order coffee on arrival)
- Bring along a pillow for extra comfort
- Salaah will be performed at the classes please bring along a prayer mat [Donate one to the Centre if you wish]
- R250 per person once off
- [20% discount for 3 or more bookings]
- Student pack containing: book, pen and folder
- All printed notes or course booklet
- Certificate on successful completion
- Limited to 55 seats and Payment secures your seat.
- Walk in registration: The Deen Store, 541 Lansdowne Rd, Lansdowne (See map here)
EFT and Cellphone banking, no cash deposits allowed !
Bank Name: Standard Bank
Account Name: Cape Town Muslim Events
Branch Name: Kromboom
Branch Code: 026209
Account Number: 300794711
Account Type: Cheque Account
Reference : Your Name, Surname and Course code
NB! Sundays code (#ASW38S) – Thursdays code (#ASW38T)
Cash or Card payments can be made at The Deen Store – 541 Lansdowne Road, Lansdowne. (See map here)
- Physical Address: 541 Lansdowne Rd. Lansdowne
- P.O. Box 2241, Clareinch 7740
- Telephone: 021 762 6745
- Fax: 086 551 8032
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.ctme.co.za