Awakening Your Salaah Workshop
How to taste the true beauty of Salaah
The prayer of the believer is the single most important form of worship and means of connection with one’s Lord. It is the medium through which the believer literally speaks to Allah SWT and the fountain from which one drinks on a daily basis to reinvigorate the soul and re-establish one’s purpose in life.
Having completed Salah we should leave feeling spiritually nourished and less burdened with the guilt of sins. We should leave feeling hopeful of forgiveness and content at having had a direct conversation with our Lord.
But is this the case? Are we fully present in these conversations?
Salah is not a chain of random acts and phrases strung together. It is a vehicle of spiritual dialogue with our Lord. Stepping onto the prayer mat is like stepping into the court of a King – The KING of all Kings.
This short course will explore the many attributes of Salah, help bring your Salah to life and aid you on your way to total devotion and concentration in your Salah. In sha Allah
Have you ever wondered why we pray, the way we pray?
Why do we raise our hands to our ears and declare “Allah is great”?
Why do we go down on our hands and knees and place our forehead on the ground and say “glory be to my lord the highest”?
The Aim of This Course
- To change your Salah completely. In fact, you will actually see significant improvement before you have finished this course.
- To fill your heart with a joy never experienced before, and to pour down upon it a peace and tranquility that will extinguish any pain you have ever suffered in this life.
- To reach the Firdous-Al-Ala (the highest Paradise), insha’Allah…
Allah tells us in Sura Al-Muminun: “Successful indeed are The Believers, Those who humble themselves in their prayers… These will be the heirs, who will inherit Al Firdous: They will dwell therein (for ever).” (23:1-11)
This course will attempt to:
- Share the secret of how to attain khushu in the prayer
- Explain both the outward and inward meanings of all the utterances in the prayer
- Explain the significance of the physical motions in the prayer
- Describe the thoughts & emotions one should experience in a living prayer
- Provide practical advice on how to develop the prayer through the above
Moulana Waasief Devries: Graduate of Darul Ulum Arabiyah Strand, Jumuah lecturer all around Western Cape & Free-lance Islamic / Spiritual advisor & lecturer.
Dates & Times:
- Thursdays for 6 weeks
- Starting 7th February 2019
- Ending 14th March 2019
- 7pm to 9pm
The Knowledge Zone / The Deen Store 541 Lansdowne Rd. Lansdowne (See map here)
- Parking patrolled
- Coffee and snacks on sale
- Air-Conditioned Facilities
- Once of fee per person: R300.00
- Student pack containing: book, pen and folder
- All printed notes or course booklet
- Certificate on successful completion
Limited to 50 seats per class – Payment secures your seat.
The Deen Store, 541 Lansdowne Rd, Lansdowne (See map here)
EFT and Cellphone banking only , no cash deposits allowed !
Bank Name: Standard Bank
Account Name: Cape Town Muslim Events
Branch Name: Kromboom
Branch Code: 026209
Account Number: 300794711
Account Type: Cheque Account
Reference : Your Name, Surname and Course code: #AYS119
Cash or Card payments can be made at The Deen Store – 541 Lansdowne Road, Lansdowne. (See map here)
- Telephone: 021 762 6745
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 086 551 8032
O Allah, I ask Thee for BENEFICIAL KNOWLEDGE, acceptable action, and good provision.” (Al-Tirmidhi)