In the name of Allah. Most Gracious. Most Merciful
The Prophet Muhammad said: “Whoever follows a path in the pursuit of knowledge, Allah will make a path to Paradise easy for him.” (Al-Bukhari)
The Sakinah Foundation & Cape Town Muslim Events
Access to Arabic
Arabic is the language of the Qur’an and is also spoken across many Muslim countries. . The Access to Arabic course is for complete beginners who cannot read or understand even basic Arabic. This course will take students through the letters of the Arabic alphabet in their solitary and joints forms, vowels, words and sentences and learn the correct pronunciation of letters and vowel sounds.
Subsequently students will build on initial recognition and pronunciation to the formation of words and groups of words, thus building up basic vocabulary and also developing some writing skills. The course is ideal for anyone who did not get the opportunity to learn Arabic when young, for new Muslims or for people who just want to re-learn their basic Arabic properly.
NB! This is not a Beginners Quraan recitation course please view that courses here > Al Quran Reading for Beginners: 1st Term 2018 (See dates in course write-up)
There are no particular prerequisites for this course.
Studying Foundation Arabic should enable students to:
- Recognise and distinguish between the physical shapes of different letters in all of their different forms.
- Pronounce the letters correctly from their origins in the mouth or throat (makharij).
- Begin to develop the ability to use the correct phonetics and accent in the Arabic language when speaking it, or reciting the Qur’an, du’as, adhkar or any other form of reading or recitation;
- Understand and apply the different vowel signs in conjunction with different letters whilst maintaining correct pronunciation.
- Be able recognise and pronounce words correctly and develop the ability to read.
- Develop some basic vocabulary in the Arabic language and understand some basic grammar concepts.
Moulana Muaadth Allie is the Director and founder of The Sakinah Foundation, Co-Imam at the Castle Town Road Masjid, Part time lecturer at Darun Na’im Wynberg, Graduate of Darul Ulum Newcastle (KZN). Marriage counsellor, Cape Town Muslim Events and The Knowledge Zone resident lecturer, Jumuah lecturer all around Western Cape & Free-lance Islamic / Spiritual advisor & lecturer. Teaching for over 20 years.
Our Instructors are among the best. We are determined to provide our students with instructors who take professionalism, effectiveness and expertise to the max. Along with tremendous knowledge, our instructors are also engaging and exciting, so that our courses will provide you with some of the most interesting days you’ve ever spent learning Islam. In sha Allah
About us: Cape Town Muslim Events partnership courses have been around officially since 2011. Over the past few years, thousands of students have studied with us. Our aim is to deliver outstanding mainstream education that enriches people’s lives underpinned by an Islamic ethos and to make traditional Islamic education accessible and relevant. In sha Allah
Dates & Times:
- Every Monday Morning for 12 sessions ( 3 months)
- Starting on the 5th February and ending on the 7th May 2018 ( 2 weeks school holiday in April 2018)
- 10am to 12pm
The Knowledge Zone / The Deen Store
541 Lansdowne Rd. Lansdowne (See map here)
- Secure parking (patrolled)
- Air conditioning
- High quality surround sound
- Coffee and snacks on sale
- Bring along a pillow for extra comfort
- R250.00 per person per month (3 Months)
- R650.00 per person (once off for full 3 month course) savings of R100
Contact Uncle Shamiel via Whats-App: 0786104700 for options below.
- Discounts : Youth (under 20), Pensioners and block bookings
- Need a better payment plan or looking for a sponsor?
- Student pack containing: book, pen and folder
- All printed notes or course booklet
- Certificate on successful completion
- Limited seats and Payment secures your seat.
- Walk in registration: The Deen Store, 541 Lansdowne Rd, Lansdowne (See map here)
- Telephonic bookings: 021 762 6745 or 021 696 1714
- Whats-App: 0786104700
EFT and Cellphone banking only , no cash deposits allowed !
Bank Name: Standard Bank
Account Name: Cape Town Muslim Events
Branch Name: Kromboom
Branch Code: 026209
Account Number: 300794711
Account Type: Cheque Account
Reference : Your Name, Surname and Course code (#AA18)
Send proof of payment via fax or email (see below)
Cash or Card payments can be made at The Deen Store – 541 Lansdowne Road, Lansdowne. (See map here)
Telephone: 0021 762 6745 or 021 6961714
Whats-app: 078 610 4700
Fax: 086 551 8032
Testimonials and audio clips
- The classes was well organised, very informative, great time and the instructor was also very entertaining.
- Moulana made the class exceptionally easy to understand and kept the class interesting with his engagement with the class. His knowledge of the topics discussed were also really vast and I appreciated the fact that he often made examples during discussions to ease our understanding.
- The instructor was knowledgable and made classes run by adding some humour.
- Mln Allie has a great abundance of knowledge. Every class was very informational. Well planned and classically funny.
- Overall result of the course was really informative and helpful and relatable. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
O Allah, I ask Thee for BENEFICIAL KNOWLEDGE, acceptable action, and good provision.” (Al-Tirmidhi).